Twitter is running on my PC all day (and on the iPhone when I’m away) and I dip in and out constantly but my head is wrecked trying to find a Twitter app that has all I need. Lots come close but all let me down in one crucial area. I’ve tried the following:
- Website – No alerts. Feature light.
- Hootsuite – No notifications for replies, dm’s only. Slightly slow as it runs in a browser. No visual marking of read/unread tweets. No sync with iPhone.
- Twhirl – Buggy. Keeps showing tweets as unread on startup. No Reply all. No iPhone app.
- Echofon – Almost featureless Firefox plugin.
- Tweetdeck – Too large a footprint on the PC and hard to read.
- Twitteriffic – No PC client.
- Tweetie – No PC client.
- Seesmic – No iPhone client. No Multiple accounts. No lasting highlighting of unread tweets.
- TwitBird – No PC client.
Here’s a list of specs I’d like to see:
- NB Proper syncing between Desktop and iPhone versions of the same client. I really need stuff I’ve already read on the PC to be marked read on the iPhone app and vice versa.
- Ease of use and visually minimalist.
- Highlight unread and Reply tweets.
- Scroll to first unread tweet.
- Control over notifications, ie – audio & visual push alerts.
- Preview Short url’s.
- Multiple accounts.
- Select account to tweet from on each new tweet.
- Show quick profile, stats and follow/unfollow links.
- Quick links to Reply, DM users.
- Favorite following.
- Auto shortlinking.
- Tweet audio, video and photos.
- Tweet and link stats.
- Text compression.
- Sync with Outlook address book.
- Filtering – see replies, dm’s only.
- Auto suggest Twitter handles and Hashtags when composing.
- Advanced search for tweets and Profiles.
- Send to Facebook, Linked, etc..on each new tweet.
- Schedule tweets.
- iPhone Autosave on exit.
- Conversation Threads
Please correct anything I may have got wrong above or point me to my ideal Twitter client!