I attended the launch of the new Magnet Networks provided FREE WiFi service in Carrick-on-Shannon town centre this morning, June 20th. The CEO Mark Kellett and other Magnet representatives were on hand to introduce and explain the new service and it’s benefits and to outline other services that Magnet can provide. Carrick-on-Shannon is the first town in the country to roll out free, no limits public WiFi.
Here’s how it works.
- Main Street,
- Bridge Street,
- Marina/Boardwalk area,
- Town Park (Behind Victoria Hall/Beside the Rowing Club).
Access & Speeds:
- One time free sign up with either Email or Facebook details,
- Around 6MB up and down,
- No time limits,
- No bandwidth limits,
- Content filtered (Family safe).
- Local businesses can benefit from Advertising opportunities and usage analytics,
- The public including town visitors can benefit from fast, free internet,
- Children and teenagers can remain in touch with parents.
Access Points were kindly supported by the following local businesses:
- Spice India
- Leitrim County Council
- The Bush Hotel
- Buffalo Boy
- Carrick-on-Shannon Chamber of Commerce
- McMahon Opticians
- Brady Insurance
Access Heat Map
For more information on Magnet’s services, visit their website – MagnetNetworks.com
Been meaning to get a collection of these together in case there’s any music sessions going on around the place over Christmas.
Here’s a list of 18 popular Christmas songs and Carols that we’ve all come to hate with full lyrics and chords for you to play and annoy with:
Download Xmas Chords (Zip file with PDFs)
- Auld Lang Syne
- Away In A Manger
- Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting..)
- Deck The Halls
- Do They Know It’s Christmas
- Feliz Navidad
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Jingle Bells
- Let It Snow
- Little Drummer Boy
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- O Holy Night
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
- Silent Night
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- White Christmas
- Winter Wonderland.
5th Annual Carrick Water Music Festival
9th-11th July 2010
See www.carrickwatermusic.com for a complete listing of events and to book online. Great gigs in trad, classical, opera, jazz plus ‘fringe’ events in the making.
Training Course run by Leitrim Enterprise in Carrick-on-Shannon.
Date: 26th November 2009
Duration: 1 full day
More Info and Bookings
Business/Networking event similar to OpenCoffee or BarCamp events onboard the Moon River Cruiser on the Shannon river, Co. Leitrim.
For more info and bookings on this FREE event check – http://cruisecamp.eventbrite.com/
The next monthly meeting of the Leitrim ICT Network, a network for IT and Tech related companies in Leitrim, is on the 5th May at 5pm in the Ramada hotel, Drumshanbo – Linkedin Leitrim ICT Group or IGOpeople Leitrim ICT Group.
Next monthly meeting of the Leitrim Business Network is on May 5th at 6pm in the Ramada Hotel, Drumshanbo – www.leitrimbusinessnetwork.com