I attended the launch of the new Magnet Networks provided FREE WiFi service in Carrick-on-Shannon town centre this morning, June 20th. The CEO Mark Kellett and other Magnet representatives were on hand to introduce and explain the new service and it’s benefits and to outline other services that Magnet can provide. Carrick-on-Shannon is the first town in the country to roll out free, no limits public WiFi.
Here’s how it works.
- Main Street,
- Bridge Street,
- Marina/Boardwalk area,
- Town Park (Behind Victoria Hall/Beside the Rowing Club).
Access & Speeds:
- One time free sign up with either Email or Facebook details,
- Around 6MB up and down,
- No time limits,
- No bandwidth limits,
- Content filtered (Family safe).
- Local businesses can benefit from Advertising opportunities and usage analytics,
- The public including town visitors can benefit from fast, free internet,
- Children and teenagers can remain in touch with parents.
Access Points were kindly supported by the following local businesses:
- Spice India
- Leitrim County Council
- The Bush Hotel
- Buffalo Boy
- Carrick-on-Shannon Chamber of Commerce
- McMahon Opticians
- Brady Insurance
For more information on Magnet’s services, visit their website – MagnetNetworks.com