I’ve recently switched over to the Disqus Commenting system from the native WordPress one for the management of comments on this blog. I seen it on a few friends blogs and thought it rocked. Here’s why:
- Easy installation and import of existing/old comments,
- Full comment moderation/filtering,
- Fits in with your existing theme/CSS,
- Nested/Indented comment replies,
- Comment reply notification & RSS subscription,
- Social Media sharing,
- Facebook, Twitter, Google, OpenID login,
- Disqus dashboard at Disqus.com with a wealth of settings,
- Comments are SEO friendly.
The standout feature for me and the main reason I switched is the ability Disqus gives you to SHARE your comments and replies on Twitter and Facebook. Doing this automatically creates a status update in your name on both sites with a link back to the exact comment or reply. This is a great way to gain more exposure for your article and promote discussion on it!
There’s a WordPress Disqus plugin (of course there is!) available at WordPress.org/extend/plugins/disqus-comment-system/ which when installed will magically import all your existing blog’s comments and auto-sync new blog comments with your online Disqus account. On plugin activation, you’ll have a brand new, seamlessly integrated, advanced but easy to use commenting system!
Sign up now at Disqus.com