A lot of people calling about Web Design ask the same question “Whats involved with getting a website?” They want to know if they have to do anything themselves, how long it takes, can they manage the site etc.. Heres how it all works.
- First step. In conjunction with the client we pick a suitable domain name that is a good keyword for their business area. I check to see if this domain name is available and if its the .ie version I request ‘proof of trading’ from the client. This is most often in the form of a Company Registration Number available from www.cro.ie
- When the domain has gone through, I organize hosting for the site, ie – the physical location of the files and pages that make up the site and allow it to be viewed on the web.
- I install the Content Management system or Website Framework for the site.
- I sit with the client and take them through picking a suitable template for the site incorporating a color scheme and layout that suits their tastes and sector. I may direct the client to the template viewing area of my site so they can browse in their own time – www.reverbstudios.ie/web_templates.php
- I request page content and images from the client to finish the site off. Alternatively, I can sit with the client and talk them through adding their own content and using the Content Management System themselves.
Most basic site builds take less than a week if all content is ready to go. E-commerce/Online Shop sites typically take a little longer.