Theres not much point in having a website unless people can find it and its bringing you business or busines leads at least. I constantly see websites or get re-design work for sites that have been built and neglected for years, with outdated design, content and copyright dates at the bottom! Continue reading Website Marketing & SEO
Here are some basic tips for getting your website noticed in the ocean of content that is the internet:
- Do not build your site entirely in Flash or using images as these are both invisible to search engines.
- Content is king and the more text (of the interesting and key-worded variety) you include on pages the better.
- This content should not all be on one page however as you will scare your visitors who are usually in a hurry and wont read a life story on one page.
- Spread your fantastic content over as many pages as you can, the more pages in your site the more Google likes you!
- Dont include huge images on your pages that take all day to download and appear as people will get tired waiting and so will Google.
- Use lots of bulleted and numbered lists (like this one!) and also use bold and heading text as Google will assume you are highlighting these words for a reason.
- Ask everyone you can think of (nicely) to provide a link to your site on theirs as the more links you have incoming the more important you are deemed.
- Go the lazy route and include Blogs and Forums on your site and let your visitors provide the keyword rich content for you!
- Include some interactivity on your site to engage your visitors and give them some reason to stay for a while and come back regularly.
- Employ a poor starving web designer (like me) to give your site a good kick up the SEO arse.