Blogs in general (including some of my own posts here!) are some of the most trafficked sites on the net and the first thing that pops into most people’s heads when it comes to monetizing that traffic is advertising. I’ve been using some of Tribulant’s excellent WordPress plugins and was delighted to see that they had a Banner Advert plugin as I needed one for a new online venture AboutLeitrim.ie.
Tribulant’s Ad plugin is compatible with the current version of WordPress (2.9.2 as I write this) and goes in easily in the usual way. Here’s a quick rundown on what the plugin can do:
- Multiple Predefined and Custom Ad Sizes & Zones.
- Multiple Sidebar Widgets.
- Manual Embedding/Hardcoding into your theme.
- Page and Post Embedding.
- Order or Random Ads
- Static Image, Text and Flash Ads supported.
- Integrated Ad Banner Upload.
- HTML and Google AdSense supported.
- Banner URL’s.
- Ajax Ad Rotation with Time setting.
- Impressions, Click and CTR Tracking.
Some standout features for me are:
- Template embedding of Banners and zones.
- Ad Ordering or Random rotation (you choose).
- Click Tracking.
- Ad placement/Zone flexibility.
- Ad duration settings.
The click tracking might be a method of charging your advertising clients per click or view rather than monthly, weekly etc..
The plugin is very reasonably priced at $30 ($149.95 for Developer/Multi Site version) and perfectly stable.
Demos, Documentation and Support available HERE.
Get it HERE.
One thought on “WordPress Banner Ads Plugin Review”
Looks like a decent plugin – going to try it out.