I’m sad to say goodbye to my iPhone styled site which has lasted longer than a lot of other versions I’ve had in recent times. However every site needs a face lift every now and then as content becomes old or you find new ways of expressing yourself or new technology becomes available. My old site was a little slow to load and had a little too much going on content and link wise so I decided it was time to freshen things up and simplify a bit.
Here’s a list of notes digitally scribbled on my iPhone note application over the course of a week or so indicating what I wanted from my new design in terms of look, content and navigation and I’m proud to say I think I’ve achieved it all. I think most of the points apply to most sites too:
- Minimalist both in terms of content and design,
- Built for speed,
- DIV/CSS based as opposed to HTML on the old site,
- Suggest efficiency,
- Suggest hi-tech,
- Some fancy hi tech features,
- Hi-res fixed background image,
- Minimize vertical scrolling, use anchors,
- Mostly gray scale not black,
- Use color schemes,
- Use transparency fx,
- Very simple and consistent navigation,
- Simple direct content,
I like the new look and feel but will probably do a little tidying up for a while!
Please leave your comments.