For me, one of the most important plugins you can have for your wordpress powered Blog or Website is a good Newsletter/Mailing List system. Recently, I’ve researched and tested out quite a few both free and paid for and this one is the best I’ve come across so far.
Its called “WordPress Mailing List Plugin” and is available for $54.99 dollars for a single installation ($274.95 for a developer/multi site licence) from Tribulant Software. After having a good look at their online demo, I paid my fee and installed it on my own VPS server. It’s a much smaller (file size) plugin than some of the others I have used but packs quite a rich feature list in. Installation was fine on wordpress 3.0 despite the presence of a ton of other plugins on my blog including one other newsletter plugin.
- GENERATE OFFSITE CODE! (add the sign up form to Facebook, etc..),
- Multiple Different Mailing Lists,
- Email Queueing,
- Publish newsletter as a post and vice versa,
- Paid subscriptions (Paypal & 2CheckOut),
- Email Tracking,
- Add Subscription Checkbox to WordPress comment form,
- Integrates (via extension) with the excellent Gravity Forms plugin,
- Integrates with Tribulant’s Banner Rotator plugin,
- Timed Newsletters/Autoresponders,
- Subscriber deletion on bounce,
- Developer licence version which allows me to use this plugin on as many of my clients sites as I want!
- See full feature list here..
- Double Opt In Auto Subscriptions,
- Full management from the WordPress Admin,
- Sidebar and Post/Page Subscribe Form,
- Add Attachments,
- Import/Export Subscribers,
- Newsletter Templates,
- Professional Newsletter Themes,
- Bounce Email Management,
- Automated Latest Posts Subscription,
- Insert Single or Multiple blog posts into Newsletters,
- Insert Newsletter History into Newsletters,
- Send Newsletter depending on custom field conditions,
- qTranslate Support,
- Ajax Features,
- Unlimited Subscribers, Newsletters and Emails,
- WordPress 3.0 compatible,
- Bit.ly short link tracking,
- IP Subscriber logging,
- Auto-updating via WordPress Admin,
- Register Newsletter subscribers as WordPress users,
- Notification Email template editing,
- Different Admin email per mailing list,
- Export Newsletter History.
The KILLER feature is probably the ability to generate ‘offsite’ code which allows you to embed the newsletter signup on any other non-wordpress site including Facebook Pages. I have it on my own one here – Facebook.com/ReverbStudiosDesign.
Of particular issue to me was the Import/Export functions. I needed to port my existing list from my previous plugin and this was a pretty simple procedure except for a slight complication caused by the old system.
Creating new Lists and Emails/Newsletters is a breeze and sending them out was error free.
If you need a comprehensive email newsletter solution that covers all bases but is easy enough to use, paying for this is well worth it!