Most computers come with Outlook Express installed by default and if you have an email address, (or lots of email addresses!) then you can add them all to Outlook Express and check them all at once. You can even read your messages and reply to them offline if your internet connection is bad or pricey! Heres how to add an existing email address to Outlook Express:
- Open Outlook Express, its a logical starting point!
- Click on ‘Tools – Accounts’ from the Menu.
- Click on the ‘Mail’ tab in the resulting popup window and ‘Add -> Mail’
- ‘Display name’ is the name that comes up in the ‘From’ field when someone sends you an email so type in what or who you’d like to be known as and click ‘Next’.
- ‘Email address’ is the actual email address you are adding so type it in and click ‘Next’.
- ‘Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server’ is the server details that your ISP (phone company, broadband company, etc) would have given you so ring them if you don’t have the details to hand. These details typically take the form of mail.domainname.com.
- ‘Outgoing mail (SMTP) server is similar to the above and in many cases exactly the same. Click ‘Next’.
- ‘Account name’ is usually the email address again and ‘Password’ will have been given to you by your ISP. Tick ‘Remember password’ and click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Finish and your done!
- This email address can now be checked for new messages and used to send email from within Outlook Express.
- You can add as many email addresses as you like but not ones ending in hotmail.com because hotmail are ******s!
One thought on “How to add your Email Address to Outlook Express”
In this situation advise try next software-convert .dbx files,tool helped me not once,also as far as i know it is free,program good solution against email failures regardless of the reasons of email corruption,program features easy system requirements, it can work on all PC