You may come across text in a foreign language when surfing or perhaps you just want to impress a new foreign ‘friend’ you met on the internet with your command of their native language, heres how:
- Visit the Google Translate page HERE
- If its just a piece of text you’d like to translate to a foreign language then type it into the ‘Original text’ box
- Select the From and To languages and click ‘Translate’
- Voila, you get a ‘rough!’ translation good enough for your foreign ‘friend’ to get the gist!
- If you need to decipher a complete web page written in a foreign language then you must open a new browser window and visit that page first. When there select the entire address and press ‘ctrl’ and ‘c’ to copy the address.
- Return to the Google translate page and paste the address in the ‘Translate a Web Page’ box by pressing ‘ctrl’ and ‘v’.
- Choose From and To languages and click ‘Translate’.
- Google translate will automatically open up the web page you need translated in the new language.
- Another handy thing is that you can hover over any piece of text and it shows the original language!