From this week on I will be blogging on a more frequent basis, whenever I get a chance.
I hope to maintain a technology blog written in layman’s terms and explaining complicated aspects of the Internet, Web Optimization, Computers and anything else relevant. Hopefully I can help those of you out there confused by the technology rush..stay tuned!
Here are some basic tips for getting your website noticed in the ocean of content that is the internet:
- Do not build your site entirely in Flash or using images as these are both invisible to search engines.
- Content is king and the more text (of the interesting and key-worded variety) you include on pages the better.
- This content should not all be on one page however as you will scare your visitors who are usually in a hurry and wont read a life story on one page.
- Spread your fantastic content over as many pages as you can, the more pages in your site the more Google likes you!
- Dont include huge images on your pages that take all day to download and appear as people will get tired waiting and so will Google.
- Use lots of bulleted and numbered lists (like this one!) and also use bold and heading text as Google will assume you are highlighting these words for a reason.
- Ask everyone you can think of (nicely) to provide a link to your site on theirs as the more links you have incoming the more important you are deemed.
- Go the lazy route and include Blogs and Forums on your site and let your visitors provide the keyword rich content for you!
- Include some interactivity on your site to engage your visitors and give them some reason to stay for a while and come back regularly.
- Employ a poor starving web designer (like me) to give your site a good kick up the SEO arse.
I’m assuming you have a computer and you are online for this excercise: Continue reading How to Search the Internet for Information
The internet is a repository of (useful!!?) information that resides on centrally located computers around the world and can be accessed by anyone with a computer and a connection to said internet via phone line, satellite, wireless or mobile phone. Continue reading What is the Internet!?
Welcome to the new Reverb Blog, home of our Latest news, New services, Computer and Website tips and hopefully a lot more in the coming weeks…